There is so much to do in cottage country in the winter! Downhill and cross country skiing, dog sledding, tobogganing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, skating, and more!
3. Downhill Skiing is available at Hidden Valley and Deerhurst to name two.
4. Cross Country Skiing can be arranged while staying at one of our year round cottages!
5. Dog Sledding There are a number of operators in Ontario so check out the one closest to where you want to be at this link! www.northernontario.travel/outdoor-adventures/a-must-do-adventure-dog-sledding-in-ontario
6. Snowshoeing can be arranged with guides or on your own. A great outdoor winter activity for everyone!
7. Ice Fishing with professional guides is available to all of our guests. Speak with our concierge for more details.
8. Bog to Bottle Tour is a one of a kind travel experience. Tour Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh and Muskoka Lakes Winery with a tasting at the end! http://cranberry.ca/tours/bog-bottle-discovery/
10. Fat Biking Adventures. Biking is a wonderful way to experience the natural beauty of Muskoka – in the winter! Fat bikes allow adventurers to experience the snowy landscape in an entirely new way. Fat bikes get their name from the wider-than-normal tires that make biking in the snow possible. This winter sport has been around since 2005 but has gained a lot more popularity in recent years as a fun and exciting activity that gets you enjoying the great outdoors during the winter. http://algonquinoutfitters.com/rentals/mountain-bikes/ and http://livoutside.ca/
11. Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides. This great family activity is fun for all ages, and is a picture perfect way to spend a winter’s afternoon. http://www.windingfences.com/ https://www.facebook.com/Horsedrawnservices/
12. Outdoor Skating Rinks. Is there anything more Canadian than gliding across an outdoor rink? Whether you are going for a skate with the family, or watching the kids play a pick-up game of pond hockey well after the sun sets, outdoor rinks are a right of passage for Canadians of all ages. There are a number of outdoor rinks across Muskoka that are available for public use, and are maintained throughout the winter (weather dependent). www.gravenhurst.ca/en/discoverus/outdooricesurfaces.asp www.ontarioparks.com/park/arrowhead